среда, 14 марта 2012 г.

Holdout juror stands by her vote Says media wrongly depicted her as unyielding

NEW YORK -- A juror who held out to acquit the defendants in thenow-defunct Tyco trial said she has been misrepresented in the media.

"I wasn't unfair, but I did have a firm resting on the presumptionof innocence," Ruth Jordan, 79, told Newsday in a story publishedMonday. "I'm not sure they ever got that concept. I don't intend toget into a big thing with these people, but this is the way I feel."

The nearly six-month trial of former Tyco CEO L. Dennis Kozlowskiand former chief financial officer Mark H. Swartz was declared amistrial Friday because of pressure on Jordan, who reportedlyreceived an intimidating letter and phone call urging her to convictafter her name …

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий